Please be consistent
On Sunday, Tim and I arrived at the MSP airport around 3:30p.m. Since we didn't bring too much with us, we decided to carry on our luggage. At the security checkpoint we took off our coats and shoes and put all our belongings on the conveyor belt. In compliance with the new security rules, I had all my liquids/gels/makeup in a plastic bag, or so I thought. After I walked through the security sensor, the guard told me that my bag needed to be searched. In it he found my perfume container, which I forgot to put in a plastic bag. He examined it and wiped it down with their secret round white pads. Afterwards he said that the liquid was exactly 3oz. and that I could carry it on. So I did.
At the gate we found out our flight was overbooked and so Tim and I were bumped to a later flight. We were even given $5 meal vouchers to use anywhere in the airport. We had enough time to drive back to my parents' house for dinner and a few rounds of 42. At 8:00p.m. we were back at the airport going through secruity. This time I had my perfume container in a plastic bag. Again my bag was searched and the guard told me that my perfume container was too big and it wouldn't be allowed in checked luggage. My options were to check my luggage or lose my perfume. We explained that I had been allowed to take it through earlier, but the guards still wouldn't budge. I ended up checking my luggage, which took an extra 40 minutes (even though I was escorted by a security guard...this is a story for another time). I just wish that TSA would be consitent in what they let through and what they don't!
Tim and I didn't get a chance to spend our $5 meal vouchers in the airport, however, the flight attendant was nice enough to let us use them on the plane. It never tasted so good!
At the gate we found out our flight was overbooked and so Tim and I were bumped to a later flight. We were even given $5 meal vouchers to use anywhere in the airport. We had enough time to drive back to my parents' house for dinner and a few rounds of 42. At 8:00p.m. we were back at the airport going through secruity. This time I had my perfume container in a plastic bag. Again my bag was searched and the guard told me that my perfume container was too big and it wouldn't be allowed in checked luggage. My options were to check my luggage or lose my perfume. We explained that I had been allowed to take it through earlier, but the guards still wouldn't budge. I ended up checking my luggage, which took an extra 40 minutes (even though I was escorted by a security guard...this is a story for another time). I just wish that TSA would be consitent in what they let through and what they don't!
Tim and I didn't get a chance to spend our $5 meal vouchers in the airport, however, the flight attendant was nice enough to let us use them on the plane. It never tasted so good!

1 Comments:
matt just went to vegas yesterday. he brought no shampoo, no toothpaste, no anything. he said that he would just buy that stuff in vegas or get it free at the hotel. he didn't want to deal with it all.
Post a Comment
<< Home